Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Hazards of Geocaching (Bees)


It was my 250th find and I thought I would just do a quick cache without any fanfare and, hit the milestone. BUT!!! As I started looking around and found the cache my eyes saw movement just a few inches from cache. Dang BEES!!!  At this point I should have walked away and checked the cache another day, but I picked up a stick and reached past the bees, scooted the cache closer so I could grab it. I quickly stepped back, and thought I got away, BUT even though I was 25ft away I was starting to get hit in the head by bees wanting me to get out of their area. I kept running. I must have looked like the scene in Tommy boy with the bees. Even at 50ft away and they are still hitting me. After a few more seconds the assault was over. My thought was sign the log and get out of there. So after a few minutes I put the cache back. I tossed it back in place, it didn't land exactly the way I found it but I did not get stung. BEWARE of bees, yellow jackets tiz the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment